Easter is fast approaching and brands are showcasing hot deals for shoppers celebrating the festivities. Discover the top retail categories that have shoppers hopping onto online marketplaces and stores.
Industry research conducted in 2022 by Roy Morgan and the Australian Retailers Association revealed that Aussies would spend an incredible $7.1 billion for Easter last year.
While Easter eggs, chocolates and hot cross buns are the obvious (and popular) choice with 73% of Australians planning to buy these items, and spend an average of $100 on these products.
Australians also splash their cash on travel with over four million Aussies planning getaways for the Easter break last year.
TOP RETAIL CATEGORIES FOR EASTER
Chocolate Easter Eggs, Easter branded chocolates, confectionery, Easter toys and books are all popular products on marketplaces like Amazon, eBay and Catch – and many more platforms.
Decorations and items like bunny ears, baskets, stickers and crafts are also among the top retail categories this time of year – great purchases for parents or grandparents wanting to spoil children this Easter.
THE GREAT OUTDOORS:
Australians love to get away for the Easter break – last year it was anticipated that 63% of the Australians heading away at Easter time would travel within their own state.
That means huge sales and demand for camping and travel products – tents, camping cookers and cookware, outdoor clothing and footwear, sleeping bags, lamps and electrical equipment are all among the top retail products for Easter.
Outdoor and Camping brands need to be maximising their sales potential through marketplace deals, advertising campaigns and optimisation to ensure their products are being seen by shoppers.
DIY ON DEMAND:
Those choosing to stay home this Easter are ready to tackle do-it-yourself projects, maintenance and updates around the home.
With most Aussies enjoying a four-day break from work, and still a few months until the colder, wet, winter weather, it’s the perfect moment to make some upgrades around the home.
Brands with products in Home Improvement, Hardware, Electronics, and Homewares categories have a huge opportunity to make great sales.
Shoppers are looking to buy new power tools, gardening, home décor and electronics like speaker systems to do the desired upgrades, and renovations to their homes, backyards and outdoor areas.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR BRANDS:
If your brand falls into one or more of these top retail categories, here’s a few ways to maximise sales opportunities:
- Activate Amazon Advertising including sponsored ads to increase your products being seen by shoppers
- Utilise eBay’s new ads tool – work with an accredited agency to target shoppers both on and off eBay using shopping and brand ads
- Optimise product titles and bullet points with Easter SEO keywords
- Utilise the promotions opportunities on marketplaces – for brands selling on Amazon, ‘7-Day Deals’ is an excellent promotions tool to implement in the lead up to Easter in early April.
- Make sure your shipping is reliable for shoppers – particularly brands selling Easter chocolates. Shoppers will be disappointed with slow or unreliable shipping.